Onion Raita Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Thick Curd(Yogurt) – 1 cup
Big Onion – 1 medium sized
Green Chilli -1 finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 tbsp chopped
Salt – to taste
- Peel off the skin of onion and cut the onion into half.Slice each half into thin long strips.Seperate them and transfer to a bowl.
- Add little salt and set aside for 10mins, this is for the water to release.Strain the water before adding it to curd,else it will make the raita watery.Take your curd and whisk it well.
- Add onion,chopped green chillies and coriander leaves and mix well.Adjust salt.
Serve with biryani.
- You can add fresh chopped mint leaves, chopped tomato or chopped cucumber.
- You can add a pinch of roasted jeera powder / chat masala too.
- You can even use hand whisk to blend it together.
- Choose thick fresh curd.