Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Cucumber Raita Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Curd – 1 cup
Cucumber – 3 small
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped
Salt – to taste
- Rinse cucumber in water,peel of the skin using a peeler and trim the edges. Then chop them into small bite sized pieces or just grate them finely, set aside. In a mixing bowl whisk the curd well.
- Then add cumin powder, red chilli powder , required salt then chopped cucumber and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Serve with biryani / even rotis!
- You can even grate the cucumber instead of chopping.But I personally prefer the chunky pieces as its nice crunchy 🙂
- You can add pepper powder instead of red chilli powder too.
- Always whisk the curd well before mixing the ingredients for any type of raita.
- Use thick curd(yogurt) for raita.You can even roast cumin seeds before powdering to give more flavour to your raita.If you prefer garnish with cumin powder while serving.