Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I remember having this all through my childhood days, this and beetroot raita are often made at home.Carrot Raita also called as Gajar ka raitaFresh carrot is such a healthy and delicious raita recipe made with carrot and curd(yogurt) as main ingredients.
Carrot Raita Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Chilled Curd / Yogurt – 1 cup
Carrot grated – 3/4 cup
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Chat Masala powder – 1/4 tsp(optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1.5 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 chopped
Hing – a small pinch
- Rinse carrots, peel off the skin and grate them using a grater,Set aside.Heat oil in a tempering pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let is crackle,Set aside.Beat well along with required salt.
- Then add carrot,tempering along with chat masala powder. Give a quick mix.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve chilled along with parathas / any variety rice of your choice.
- I used jeera for tempering so used chat masala powder.But you can replace chat masala powder with roasted jeera powder.
- You can even use 1:1 ratio for curd:carrots or as per you wish.
- Make sure to beat the curd well before mixing.
- You can even saute the carrots for a while and then add but I prefer raw carrots.