I am sure kids will not complain and eat this parathas as the green color is appealing too.It is easy and quick for breakfast at the same time healthy too.
Masala Palak Paratha Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Palak greens – 3/4 cup chopped
Garam masala powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Jeera – 1 tsp
Ajwain seeds (Omam) – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli – 1
Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan – add the items under ‘to temper’ allow it to crackle. Then add palak greens and saute till it shrinks in volume.
- Once the greens shrinks,switch off and add coriander leaves and switch it off. Cool down the mixture and grind it to a fine paste. In a mixing bowl add wheat flour,, greens paste, turmeric powder , garam masala powder and required salt.
- Add required water little by little and knead it to a soft dough.Then divide the dough into equal lemon sized balls. Flour the surface and take one ball and flatten it.
- Then start rolling it gently to a thin paratha(as there is no stuffing I made it into thin parathas).Heat a dosa tawa , transfer the parathas, drizzle little oil and cook till brown spots appear then turn over to other side and cook. Serve hot with raita / dal or your favourite sidedish
These are mildly spicy making it perfect for kids…You can also serve with home made white butter .
- Ajwain seeds adds a very nice flavour to the parathas.
- You can even toast the parathas using ghee when we make it for kids.
- Enjoy it hot with raita or just curd.
- You can even roast jeera and ajwain and add it as powdered.
- You can try the same recipe for any other greens too.