Butter Beans Sundal is a sundal variety you can try for this Navaratri. Lets get on to learn how tomake Butter Beans Sundal with step by step pictures.
I tried this Butter Beans Sundal today morning to post it here. This is a simple sundal variety with coconut and sundal podi but tastes so good that I had it as such and also with rice.
Last week when I went to grocery shopping, I had a glance at the legumes variety that’s when I saw this dried butter beans which I haven’t tried yet so immediately picked it up to try a sundal. I have tasted fresh butter beans but this is the first time I am seeing the dried one.
My cousin gave me this cute plate during our last trip to chennai, was waiting to use it for clicks and finally did today.
If you have any more questions about this Butter Beans Sundal Recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Butter Beans Sundal Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Butter Beans Sundal
- 1/2 cup butter beans
- 1 heaped tsp sundal podi
- 3 tbsp coconut pieces
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp oil
- a small sprig curry leaves
- 2 small red chillies
- Soak butter beans overnight or at least for 6 hrs.
- Pressure cook with enough water for 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, carefully open and transfer the beans straining the water. Set aside.
- To a mixer jar add coconut and jeera, grind it to a coarse dry mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.
- Now add cooked beans along with coconut mixture and sundal podi. Toss it well.
- Cook covered for 2 mins for the extra moisture to leaves, then toss well and switch off. Butter Beans Sundal ready!
How to make Butter Beans Sundal
- Soak butter beans overnight or atleast for 6hrs.Pressure cook with enough water for 3 whistles.Once the pressure releases, carefully open and transfer the beans straining the water.Set aside.
- To a mixer jar add coconut and jeera, grind it to a coarse dry mixture.Heat oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Now add cooked beans along with coconut mixture and sundal podi.Toss it well.
- Cook covered for 2 mins for the extra moisture to leave, then toss well and switch off.
Serve hot or warm!
Nice post dear and your dish is so delicious. I like very much thanks for sharing…….