Homemade Chapati Flour Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Punjab Wheat – 2 kg
Samba Wheat – 1 kg
- Get samba and punjab wheat according to the mentioned ratio.Clean it if you have any speck.
- Mix both the wheat and give a quick mix.Rinse it well with water and then allow it to dry in scorching sun so that it dries up fast.It should be completely dry,no moisture should be there.Then transfer to a container and send it to the mill for grinding.While grinding make sure its powdered fine.
- Once you get the atta flour from the mill,first spread it in a plate to cool down.Then sieve it once to remove the scrap(coarse mixture that is retained while sieving).Then transfer the sieved flour to an airtight container.Sieving is optional, please read my notes.
- In a wide bowl add wheat flour salt and required water , mix well and knead it form a soft dough as chapathi dough.Rest the dough for atleast 15-20mins. Now your chapati / phulka dough is ready.Just roll them and make phulkas.
- I wash wheat only if I see any dirt else just dry it for a while then give to mill for grinding.
- Sieving is optional but we always sieve it once and discard only the very coarse mixture that is retained while sieving.
- You can even use just punjab wheat.But when samba is added it gives more softer phulka/chapati.
- You can make chapati flour by grinding just samba wheat or just punjab wheat alone its your preference.
- You can get whole wheat in any supermarket, its easily available.