Now straight to the recipe : I wanted to make a recipe quick to quench our thrist and the choice was sweet lassi with kesar cardamom flavour…..the combination was just yum. Do give a try !
The making of lassi is close to shrikhand but the major difference is shrikhand uses hung curd and lassi uses just plain curd. Both are my favourite and mittu loves any yogurt based desserts and drinks so another reason to make this often 🙂
Kesar Sweet Lassi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Yogurt(chilled) – 1 cup
Sugar- 2 tsp
Saffron – 2 to 3 strands
Milk – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Nuts – 1 tsp just for garnish(I used chopped pistas and badams)
- Soak saffron strands in warm milk. Crush it well till the flavour is well mixed with milk. Set aside. Beat the curd well.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron soaked milk and blend it once in a mixer to combine well until frothy. Your kesar lassi is ready to be served.
Top it with malai, serve chilled and frothy.
- You can ignore the kesar flavour and enjoy it plain too. Or make it mango flavoured if you like it
- Always prepare it fresh and serve it immediately.
- Do not add water and use thick yogurt for a creamier lassi.
- You can add crushed ice too while blending but dont add more as it makes the lassi diluted.