Mango Lassi is a yummy & refreshing beverage made by blending mangoes with yogurt & sugar. Mango Lassi relaxes the body & soul during the scorching heat and the family will come for more for its taste. Let us get on to learn Easy Mango Lassi Recipe with step by step pictures and video.
Mango Lassi is one of my favourites to relish especially during summer. Fresh juicy mangoes blended with thick yogurt – who can say no to thick and creamy Mango Lassi?
About Mango Lassi
Mango Lassi is a delicious refreshing summer drink. This Mango Lassi can be prepared in just 10 mins if you have all the ingredients ready. Mango Lassi is a great variation to our regular Sweet Lassi. Though my favorite is the plain lassi with cardamom flavour this Mango Lassi has become my recent addiction with a fruity twist.
What is Mango Lassi?
Mango Lassi is a summer beverage made by blending sweet mangoes along with thick curd, sugar and icecubes. Mango Lassi is a creamy thick beverage to be enjoyed anytime especially during summer.
In Indian subcontinent Lassi means a yogurt based drink. Lassi is made by blending yogurt, water along with salt / sweet. Traditionally Lassi is made using only yogurt later on many variations / flavours have evolved. Mango Lassi is one such fruity variation to Sweet Lassi.
Mango Lassi Ingredients
- Mangoes : Mangoes are seasonal and are available commonly in summer in India. Mangoes are to be enjoyed in the season as they are the tastier ones. Alphonso is the recommended variety for tasty, thicky & colourful juices, milkshakes and any beverage. However you can use other mangoes like Banganapalli or Neelam or Senthuram variety.
- Yogurt : Use thick curd, you can use homemade fresh curd too. Make sure it is not sour.
- Milk : Use any fresh milk boiled, cooled and chilled.
- Sweetner : I have used regular white sugar for this recipe. You can try with honey, condensed milk, brown sugar & cane sugar – although they significantly impact the taste of the drink.
- Flavours & Garnish : Garnish with chopped nuts – say badam, pistachios, cashews or a mix of chopped nuts, which will enrich the drink in taste & feel. You can even either use cardamom or saffron or rose essnece for flavouring but use any one.
Tried this Mango Lassi Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
- 1 cup mangoes chopped & chilled
- 1 cup thick curd chilled
- 1/2 cup milk boiled, cooled and chilled
- 2 – 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 no cardamom skin peeled
- 2 to 3 cubes ice cubes crushed
- chopped nuts to garnish
Flavouring & Garnish – Choose any one
- rose essence
- To a mixer jar – add 1 cup mangoes cubed. I used 2 small alphonso mangoes.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon sugar.
- Add 1 cup thick curd.
- Add 1 whole cardamom.
- Add few icecubes to it.
- Add 1/2 cup milk – boiled, cooled and chilled.
- All ready to blend.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Blended and mango lassi is ready. If you feel its very thick then add little water / milk to thin it down say 1/4 cup.
- Pour into serving glass.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Mango Lassi is ready to serve!
- If your mangoes are of juicy variety the lassi would be thicker. If you prefer a thinner consistency of mango lassi adjust water and ice cubes accordingly.
- Adding honey will also give a good taste to the lassi.
Mango Lassi Recipe Step by Step
1.To a mixer jar – add 1 cup mangoes cubed. I used 2 small alphonso mangoes.
2.Add 2-3 tablespoon sugar.
3.Add 1 cup thick curd.
4.Add 1 whole cardamom.
5.Add few icecubes to it.
6.Add 1/2 cup milk – boiled, cooled and chilled.
7.All ready to blend.
8.Blend until smooth and creamy.
9.Blended and mango lassi is ready. If you feel its very thick then add little water / milk to thin it down say 1/4 cup.
10.Pour into serving glass.
11.Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Mango Lassi is ready to serve!
- Use mangoes that are sweet, ripe and juicy. If your mangoes are not sweet then you need to add more sugar.
- Add sugar according to the sweetness of mangoes.
- Use thick fresh yogurt / curd for best flavour and taste. It should not be sour.
- Adjust water and icecubes accordingly to the thickness you want.
- Garnish with either chopped nuts or fresh mint leaves. In my case, Mint leaves were already over so had to go with nuts. Anything with mangoes can it go wrong?! So enjoy the drink with your choice of topping and flavouring.
Serving & Storage
Enjoy Mango Lassi as such without any garnish , it tastes great that way too. If you prefer you can garnish with chopped nuts or saffron or a tiny mint sprig and serve.
Mango Lassi keeps well for 1 or 2 days in fridge but I recommend consuming it fresh to enjoy the best taste.
You can change flavouring as per your preference. You can use any one listed below:
- Rose Essence
- Mint leaves
- Kewra water
1.What is Mango Lassi made of?
Mango Lassi is made by blending mangoes along with yogurt, milk, sugar, icecubes and any flavouring of your choice.
2.Can I use water replacing milk?
Yes very much you can use water instead of milk but lassi will be less creamier.
3.What can be used to replace curd / yogurt?
Yogurt is the main ingredient for any lassi so it cannot be skipped. Mango Lassi cannot be made without yogurt.