Mango Lassi is one of my favourites to relish especially during summer.Fresh juicy manges blended with thick yogurt….who can say no to thick and creamy mango lassi?!The first thing I did this summer was to list down the mango recipes to try as I missed it last year and seeing so many recipes in the blogsphere made me to regret later. So this time I was well planned and now contented to clear off most of the items in my to try list except for mango tarts and mango icecream 🙂 So most probably this will be my last mango recipe for this summer.For more mango recipes that I experimented this summer check here.
- Add mango pieces, yogurt, sugar, water, icecubes in a mixer/blender. If using a mixer then use the whip option to and whip it until smooth.
- Adjust water accordingly to the thickenss of the lassi. Check for sweetness and add more if you want.
- Serve chilled and garnish with nuts.
My Notes :
- If your mangoes are of juicy variety the lassi would be thicker. If you prefer a thinner consistency of mango lassi
- Adjust water and icecubes accordingly.
- Adding honey will also give a good taste to the lassi
Have I told you before I love clicking drinks/beverages….I feel totally comfortable clicking drinks and beverages than the rotis, rice and parathas. And I was very much tempted while clicking this yummy mango lassi that soon after clicking I finished off 1 cup of lassi in no time 🙂
I used Banganapalli variety, you can use any variety neelam will be apt for this lassi. You can garnish with either chopped nuts or fresh mint leaves. In my case, Mint leaves were already over so had to go with nuts. Anything with mangoes can it go wrong?! No way enjoy this yummy drink!