This is a easy version of layered paratha perfect to pack for kids lunch box as it stays soft for a longer time. Happy holi and happy womens day too all!
1. Take all the ingredients in a dry bowl except water and mix well. Then add water to make a smooth pilable dough. Keep aside for 30mins - 1 hour. Knead it once and roll into lemon sized balls, I got 7 balls.
2.Using a chapathi roller roll out to a thin circle then add few drops of ghee and spread over evenly. Then fold to a semicircle, apply and spread ghee evenly. Then fold it again to form a triangle.
3.Roll it to a thin roti or to desired thickeness, dust flour if it sticks. Heat tawa and add the roti carefully. Once bubbles starts appearing turn to other side,. Cook on both sides till brown spots starts appearing.
Serve with any pickle of your choice or with onion raita or just plain curd.
- While folding you can even skip the ghee for each layer and add oil/ghee while toasting
- I didnt add oil while toasting, if you want you can add it.
- This type of layered paratha stays softer for a longer time.
- You can also add omam(ajwain) replacing jeera but personally I like jeera so have given that here.