Written by: SHARMILEE J
I had bookmarked this recipe long back but didnt have luck getting marshmallows so had to wait long. Finally I found them accidentally when I was grocery shopping, so picked it up with no second thoughts. This was the first time I tried, tasted chocolate mousse and should say this recipe is a winner. Easy and yummy dessert within minutes.
I started Sharmis Passions on March 3rd 2009. 3 years of bonding I should say!!
Apart from being just a blog, it has changed my life sure in a better way. It has introduced me new cuisines, food styling, food photography, blogging which were all just terms to me when I started 3yrs back and given me a identity too.
Million thanks for the great support and the 1.6 millon hits so far!! :))
Stepping into the 4th year with all your support , encouragement and wishes!
To me it tasted close to chocolate icecream tastewise though the texture was midway to pudding. It was chocolatey , smooth and yummy just melts in the mouth.
1. First add marshmallows, chopped cooking chocolate, butter in a non stick sauce pan. HEat it up. Add vanilla essence and water.
2. Keep stirring until everything melts and blends together. Marshmallows take a little time to melt, keep stirring and breaking them for quick melting.
3. Once everything is completely melted, switch off, keep aside(this starts setting so be quick to fold in with the cream). Quickly whip cream for until thick. Then fold in the chocolate marshmallows mixture to the cream.
4. Mix well until its smooth and blended well(It will be runny at this stage).Pour into individual serving cups, garnish with nuts or chocolate semiya or chocolate shavings and refrigerate it for 1 hour or until serving time.
The mousse was intense and chocolatey perfect as a dessert after a meal. The easiest part in this recipe is this doesnt call for any consistency check , just melt everything and combine with other ingredients..how easy is that?!
- Chop the cooking chocolate for easier melting. You can also cut the marshmallows into halves.I didnt do that so it took a little longer for the marshmallows to melt.
- I didnt have luck to get the white plain marshmallows, but the pink ones were also fine and didnt have any flavour just the color was pink.
- The orginal recipe calls for dark chocolate but I used semi sweet and recommend using it. But if you like the dark chocolate flavour then go ahead with that.
- I've given the orginal measures above but I halved the recipe and it yielded 4 small cups.
- Setting for atleast an hour is recommended.No need to freeze it, it sets quicky so just refrigeration is enough.