I made this on Valentines Day to treat my loved ones and who can say no to this chocolatey goodness…!
Have I mentioned before that I am crazy about brown color…Yes you heard it right! I am soo crazy of anything brown in color and used to collect all that was in brown which includes candy wrapper, pen,pencil,clips,boxes,coffee bean,nail polish and what not…My collection became huge as I started this collection during my my school days.Amma kept telling to clear all the crap but as a very responsible daughter I would never lend ears to her….But sadly one fine day she herself cleared all of them when we shifted our house.
Even now I love anything in brown and knowing this mittu once brought me a pinch of brown clay that they gave in school for playing, and that is still kept as a treasure 🙂 Now if you are inviting me home, give something in brown I would love you for that 😉 Okay?!
Eggless Chocolate Mousse Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup(100 gms)
Cooking Chocolate* – 1 cup(125 gms)
Honey – 3/4 tbsp
Apple Juice / Water – 3/4 tbsp
* I used 60 gms sweet chocolate and 65 gms of dark choco chips
- Chop chocolate, measure it and keep aside.I used a combination of dark chocolate and milk chocolate.Add honey and water to it.
- Using double boiler method, melt the chocolate.Make sure the bowl containing chocolate should not touch the surface of boiling water directly.I used my tupperware steamer here.Keep melting until its smooth and silky.Set aside to cool down atleast for 20mins.
- Now take fresh cream in a bowl and start whipping with handmixer.Whip till soft peaks form as shown.This is the right stage, don’t whip it more, then it will end up in butter.
- Once the chocolate is cooled down completely, add whipped fresh cream to it.Whisk it well, first it may look little runnykeep whisking for 2-3mins it will get thick, it will be spoonable not pourable.
- Spoon the mixture into serving glasses.Chop some more chocolate and garnish with it.I had little crushed crushed oreo cookies so used that also for garnishing.Chill it atleast for 3-4 hrs.
- The traditional chocolate mousse uses only dark chocolate, But I preferred using a combination of dark and milk chocolate to achieve the color from the dark chocolate and the sweetness from the milk chocolate.
- Use good quality cooking chocolate.
- Double Boiler Method : Keep a pan containing water, then place another bowl inside then place the bowl containing chocolate on the second bowl.Make sure the bowl containing chocolate should not touch the surface of boiling water directly.Adding grated chocolate helps in easy melted than in big cubes.
- You can even use dark chocolate fully but I am not sure of the sweetness so taste and add powdered sugar if you want.
- If you use milk chocolate fully, the brown color will be light in color as you see in my Instant Chocolate Mousse.
- I used Nilgiris Fresh Cream which was 200 gms, so measured half of it(100 gms) for this recipe.
- I used Morde Milk Chocolate and Nilgiris Dark Choco Chips.
- If the melted chocolate is till hot while you add whipped cream then it will curdle.
- While whipping be very careful, don’t over do as it will end up buttery.
- If you prefer add some chopped nuts to the mousse but I wanted full chocolatey goodness so didn’t add anything extra.
- I had some crushed oreo cookies, so topped it along with grated chocolate.
- I am really not sure whether hand whisk can be used to whip fresh cream but with what I heard from my friends, it will take time in handwhisk to achieve soft peak consistency.
- Let it to set atleast for 3hrs.