Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World
All purpose flour(Maida) – 1 and 1/2 cups (200 gms)
Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/8 tsp (optional)
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Granulated Sugar – 3/4 cup (165 gms) [Increase it to 1 cup if you dont use choco chips]
Chocolate Chips – 2 tbsp
Water – 1 cup (250 ml)
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice / White Vinegar – 1 tbsp (I used lemon juice)
Oil – 1/4 cup (60 ml)
*I halved the recipe to bake it in my 4X4 inch square pan.
- Take water in a mixing bowl, add vanilla essence, sugar, lemon juice and oil. Mix well till sugar completely dissolves . Keep aside.Now take flour, baking soda, baking powder and coco powder and sift together twice atleast to make sure the flour, soda and baking powder and coco powder is evenly spread out.Then slowly add the the sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients mixture may be in 2 parts.
- Gently mix in one direction, break the lumps forming…gently mix it.The batter is runny like you see in the pic.Fold in choco chips and give a quick stir.Preheat oven to 180 deg C for 10mins.Grease the pan with butter, sprinkle maida tap it so that it spreads on all sides.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake it at 180 deg C for 35-40mins check with a fork if a fork inserted comes out clean.
Make sure to cool atleast for 10-15 mins and then invert carefully and cut into pieces and enjoy.
- When lemon juice reacts with baking soda it helps the cake to rise. The mixing and measurements matters the most for the perfect moist cake. Have updated the recipe again with measurements after 2-3 trials.
- I added 1/8 tsp baking powder though the orginal recipe did not use it. So It is purely optional
- Select the cake pan accordingly as the batter should be atleast half of the pan when you pour it. Also I’ve halved the measurements from the orginal recipe.
- Using chocochips is purely optional but I recommend adding it. Also if you dont add chocochips increase sugar to 1 cup.