Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Egg Kothu Parotta Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Parotta – 2
Egg – 1
Onion – 1 chopped finely
Tomato – 1 chopped finely
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp chopped finely
- Chop the parottas into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil, first temper fennel seeds then add add curry leaves, green chillies let it splutter. Then add ginger garlic paste, allow it to brown slightly.
- Now add onions, once it turns golden brown, add tomatoes when it turns mushy add turmeric, chilli and pepper powder. Add required salt and mix well.
- Then add the eggs mix it to scramble well, once it turns nicely fried and blended with the masalas add the chopped parato and give a stir so that parotta is blended well with the egg and masalas. Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
I prefer kothu parotta to normal parotta any day and the taste in restaurants can stand no where near the kothu parotta style the road side shops makes. I am yet to make my own parottas , to me it seems to be always a tiresome task but sure to post it soon.
- You can skip eggs and add any veggie of your choice.
- Usually in road side shops for 1 plate of kothu parotta they use 2 shredded parotas and 2 eggs with the above said ingredients with chalna added at the end which gives a mushy and soft texture.
- Also for the road style kothu parotta they add chalna(the kurma that comes with normal parottas) which gives a very nice taste.
- Amma usually sautes onion and tomato well and then add it to the other other ingredients. You can try this too as tomatoes give a nice flavour.
- Squeeze lemon juice while serving if you like the flavour.