Though this recipe is very simple I wanted to post it as it might help atleast few.Hubby ordered this shell shaped plate without my knowledge and it was such a surprise to receive it yesterday.So the next moment the I saw it, I made this rice and clicked it… 🙂
Tempered Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Left Over Rice – 1 cup
Big Onion – 1 medium sized chopped finely
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Sambar powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Jeera – 1/4 tsp
Hing – a tiny pinch
Green Chillies – 1 slitted
Curry leaves – few
- Keep your left over rice ready.In a pan heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Then add turmeric powder,hing and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Then add chopped onion and saute for 2mins.Add sambar powder(I forgot to add in the previous step so added it at this stage).Add required salt.
- Saute for a minute until onions turn slightly soft.Then add cooked rice and give a quick toss.
Serve hot with papad.
- If you are using fresh cooked rice then cool down completely then use it.
- You can replace sambar powder with garam masala powder.
- You can even add cooked vegetables along with rice.