I made this grape sorbet when I tried grapes granita, I made the juices seperately and freezed it in individual containers.Though the making of granita and sorbet is somewhat similar, the texture makes all the difference.Enjoy making and eating sorbets this summer, sure a better healthy alternate to icecreams!
Grapes Sorbet Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World
Grapes – 2 cups
Water – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Fresh Orange Juice – 1/2 cup
- Remove the grapes from its stem, rinse it well.Transfer it to a blender / mixer.
- Grind it well without adding water. Strain through a metal strainer.Extract the juice completely.
- Add orange juice and sugar.Mix well till sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour in freezer proof container and freeze for 3 hrs.
- After 3 hours once it starts to freeze, transfer to a mixer and blend it.Do this every 2 hours to get a smooth mixture.Then finally freeze it for 4-5 hrs or overnight.Scoop and serve immediately.
- Adjust sugar according to the sourness of grapes.
- Choose some pulpy grapes which gives a nice color and flavour.
- Grinding gives a smooth texture.The first few times when you grind it will still be transparent and runny, after blending for few more times, it will give a soft texture.
- The more you blend the more creamier your sorbet will turn.
- Freeze the serving bowl for atleast 30mins so that after the sorbet is scooped into it, it will not melt quickly.
- Alternatively, churn the mixture in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- I used my icecream scooper to scoop out and it was very easy.
- Stays good even for 2 weeks or even more if freezed.But I bet it wouldn’t last that long. 🙂