Lemon Sorbet……!! I love lemon flavour very much but never thought I would fall for lemony flavour even in my dessert, yesss I loved it so much.Sorbet is a frozen dessert made from sweetened water with flavouring (typically fruit juice or fruit puree).Sorbet is basically water + sugar + fruit combo frozen, churned well to break the ice crystals to get a smoother finish.
I always daydream of trying out icecreams at home but never got the courage to try it out. After a long search, I even got the icecream scooper 2 yrs back and it was happily sleeping in my kitchen.When I saw this lemon sorbet when I was googling for icecream recipes, I had no excuse as it was so easy and with just 3 main ingredients it tempted me to try at that instant.I wasn’t sure whether it would really turn out like how a sorbet would be like or taste like but to my surprise it came out soooo goood. I enjoyed the sorbet to the core, perfect for this summer.
Lemon Sorbet Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World
Lemon Juice – 1/3 cup
Water – 1/3 cup
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Lemon Zest – 1/4 tsp
- Add sugar to water and heat it up.Boil till sugar completely dissolves.Switch off and let it cool down.Meanwhile squeeze lemon to extract juice from it.Discard the seeds.
- Zest a lemon and set aside.Now lemon juice and zest are ready.
- Once sugar water is completely cooled add lemon juice and lemon zest, give a quick stir.Transfer to freezer safe bowl and freeze it.After 2-3 hours once it starts to freeze, transfer to a mixer and blend it.Do this every 2 hours to get a smooth mixture.
- The more you blend the more creamier your sorbet will be.Keep blending every one hour for atleast 5 times.Then freeze it overnight and scoop out the next day.First it will be hard crystal like to break once you start scooping it will scoop out smoothly as shown below in the pic.
- If you want a stronger flavour then add more lemon zest.But I would recommend adding less as we are blending the mixture often, with more lemon zest it might give a slightly bitter taste.
- I added 1/2 cup water instead of 1/3 cup.
- I used 6 small sized lemons to extract 1/3 cup of lemon juice.It depends on the size of lemons.
- Blending gives a smooth texture.The first few times when you grind it will still be transparent and runny, after blending for few more times, it will give a snowy white soft texture.
- The more you blend the more creamier your sorbet will turn.
- Freeze the serving bowl for atleast 30mins so that after the sorbet is scooped into it, it will not melt quickly.
- Sorbet is actually not silky smooth like icecream or froyo but smooth.
- Alternatively, churn the mixture in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve with a dash of lemon zest.
- I used my icecream scooper to scoop out and it was very easy.
- Stays good even for 2 weeks or even more if frozen.But I bet it wouldn’t last that long. 🙂