Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Coconut Poha Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Aval – 1 cup (I used thick variety)
Coconut – 1/4 cup
Cashews – 5 broken
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1.5 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal / Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Hing – 1/8 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 small sprig
Green Chillies – 2 sliced thin
- Soak aval for 3-5mins (depends on the variety of aval you use), Set aside. In a pan heat ghee and roast the cashews until golden brown, set aside. In the same pan heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Then drain water from aval and add it to the tempered items,add required salt. Give a quick stir then add coconut and mix well.Finally add in cahsews and switch
Serve hot with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice!
- Adjust soaking time according to the poha variety.If its thin poha then take it immediately after a min or so after soaking, else it will get mushy.
- If you prefer you can even add chopped onions after tempering.
- You can replace green chillies with red chillies while tempering.For a variation you can even use jeera while tempering.