Channa Pulao Recipe
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Black Channa – 1/2 cup
Big Onion – 1 small sized chopped finely
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Chana Masala powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece two
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 1
Star Anise – 1
- Soak channa the previous night or atleast for 8 hrs.Pressure cook channa for 5-6 whistles with salt and required water,Set aside.Soak rice in water for 30mins,Set aside.Heat oil+ghee in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ table.
- Add onions,ginger garlic paste and saute till golden brown,then add channa masala powder and coriander powder.Now add cooked channa give a quick mix and let it cook for 2mins for the masalas to blend well.
- Add soaked rice and 2 cups of water,required salt.Keep covered and cook till the rice is done.
- Once rice is cooked – add ghee, fluff it up, garnish with coriander leaves .Finally garnish with coriander leaves.Switch off.
Serve hot / warm!
- You can even add mint leaves for extra flavour.
- You can make in pressure cooker too giving 3 whistles in low medium flame.Water is 1.5 cups if you have pre-soaked the rice for 30mins.
- You can even use white channa instead of black channa.
- You can even add 1/2 cup coconut milk and add 1 and 1/2 cups water in total.