Broccoli Paratha Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Ajwain – 1/4 tsp
- In a wide bowl add wheat flour salt and required water , mix well and knead it form a soft dough as chapathi dough.(The quantikty shown in the below pic may differ from the actual as I used my rajma paratha step pic for this).Rest the dough until we make our stuffing ready.
- Separate broccoli florets and soak in warm water+ little salt for 10mins. Then drain water and chop / grate them fine(I used my vegetable chopper to do this),Set aside.In a pan – heat oil and add ajwain seeds, let it crackle.
- Then add grated broccoli and saute for 3mins then add spice powders along with salt and saute until raw smell leaves.Sprinkle little water and cook covered with a lid till it turns soft and the color changes to pale green.Now the stuffing is ready, transfer the stuffing to a bowl and set aside.
- Flour the surface and roll the chappathi dough slightly thicker. Then add stuffing at the center and gather the dough from all sides like shown below.Seal it finely
- Flip to other side. Now again flatten it slightly with your palms and then start rolling gently. Roll it without the filling oozing out. Dust flour so that it doesn’t stick. Heat a dosa tawa , transfer the parathas, drizzle little oil and cook on both sides until born spots appear.
Serve hot with any pickle of your choice or with curd!
- While rolling for the first time dont give more pressure in the center as the filling is going to be placed in the center and rolled again so make sure the center part is little thicker.
- Gently roll the parathas and dust flour as and when needed.
- Roll your parathas thick or thin as you like it.
- I used my chopper to chop broccoli fine.You can use grater / mixer with pulse option.Dont grind it smooth.