This Homemade Instant Cerelac can be started once the baby starts 5 months(Check my notes).This is very handy during travel if you want to feed homemade cerelac for your baby.I am regularly feeding this for gugu but he likes it with salt than with jaggery but trust me with jaggery it tastes soo good that I myself liked it so much and licked the extras ;).
But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Instant Cerelac Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Measure and keep the ingredients ready.Boil water, add cereal mix and whisk it well to avoid lumps.
- Cook in low flame.It will become thick.Add ghee and keep cooking.
- Cook till it comes together like a porridge.You can see the consistency here.
- Add salt (OR) jaggery syrup.Mix well cook for few mins then switch off.
- For no cook version : Add hot water to the serving bowl, add cereal mix powder mix well with spoon.Add salt/jaggery syrup mix it and feed.
Serve warm immediately.
- For instant version : Add hot water, it should nicely hot and not warm.Keep mixing to avoid lumps.
- Feed instantly.
- If you want to feed this porridge for babies under 5months then I suggest to cook for few mins and then feed.
- You can add 1/8 tsp ghee while feeding too.For babies below 6 months add ghee cook and feed.For babies over 6months you can add ghee directly to the cooked porridge and feed.
- It gets thick with time so switch off accordingly.