Mittu loves Paneer Butter Masala so much but she is choosy when it comes to tasting in hotels, yes she loves homemade the best and I am happy for that reason. One fine evening around 8PM she asked for PB masala for dinner and I cudnt deny her request so tried a quick and easy pressure cooker method which I shared in Instagram too. I had homemade paneer in stock other than that I made everything from scratch and it took exactly 20mins and thats the small story of the birth of my quick PB Masala recipe.Though this recipe doesn’t match the real one, it will sure not disappoint you and is handy when you are pressed for time.
Check out other paneer based gravies:
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Paneer – 1 cup cubed
Big Onion – 1/2 cup chopped finely
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1/4 cup
Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Tomatoes – 3 medium sized chopped roughly
Onion – 2 small sized chopped roughly
Cashews – 5 whole
Garlic – 5 cloves
Ginger – a small piece
Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Bayleaf – 1/2
Cloves – 1
- Chop onion tomato roughly.Grind together onion,tomatoes along with ginger,garlic and cashews to a smooth paste.No need to add water, the juice in tomatoes is just enough.Set aside.
- In a pressure pan / cooker heat butter and oil, once butter starts to melt, add jeera,cloves and bayleaf fry for 2 seconds then add onion saute till it becomes transparent.Then add onion tomato paste.
- Saute for 3mins, then add red chilli,coriander and garam masala powder along with little water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Once pressure releases, open and simmer for few mins.Then add fresh cream,little milk and simmer the flame.
- Meanwhile cube paneer and keep it ready.Add kasoori methi to the gravy, then add paneer cubes,
- Mix well, add sugar and let the gravy blend well and simmer for 2mins.Then finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- I did not toast the paneer.If you wish you can toast paneer and then add it to gravy.
- Before pressure cooking it is a must to saute the tomato puree for atleast 2mins.
- I used 2 bangalore tomatoes and 1 country tomato for the tanginess.You can even use a tsp of tomato ketchup to get the tangy flavour.
- Adding cream gives a creamy and rich restaurant flavour.I used homemade fresh cream.
- The consistency should be flowing and creamy.
- For a more richer version replace milk with fresh cream itself.
- You can add half and half milk and fresh cream.
- I used homemade paneer so it was very soft and absorbed the flavour well.
- I used Kashmiri Red Chilli powder so the color was apt.