Paneer Kuruma Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Paneer – 3/4 cup
Onion – 1 medium sized
Tomato – 1 medium sized
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder– 1/2 tsp
Fresh Cream– 1.5 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 3 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Bayleaf – 1 small
Maze(Japthri) – 1 small(optional)
Fresh grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Cashews – 8
Poppy seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece
Garlic – 5
- Grind the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ to a fine paste.Set aside. Toast the paneer in ghee/oil till golden brown and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil – add the ingredients listed under ‘to temper’ then add onions saute till golden brown then add tomato saute till mushy and raw smell leaves.
- Add the coconut paste, add 1 cup of water, add turmeric, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and allow it to boil for good 5-10 mins or until oil separates.
- Add cream and cook for 2mins Add toasted paneer, give a quick stir, sprinkle coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve it warm with soft phulka.
- Adding cream enhances the flavour and gives it a restaurant taste.
- You can even add paneer as such but I usually toast it.
- This goes well with rotis or even mild pulaos.
- You can also add any vegetables of your choice along with paneer.