Egg Pepper Fry Recipe
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To Roast and Grind:
Whole Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Hard boil eggs – Boil water and add eggs and cook for 7-10mins in medium flame.Immedaitely add it to cold water and set aside for 10mins.Then crack open and remove the egg shell,Set aside.Dry roast the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’ till golden brown then powder it coarsely,Set aside.
- Cut the eggs vertically into two and set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add onion, ginger garlic paste and fry till golden brown.Then add the masala powder.
- Add garam masala powder and fry the masala for a minute,add required salt then sprinkle little water and add the eggs with cut side down.Cook covered for 2mins.
- Open and carefully turn over the eggs and fry for a minute.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with hot rice or chapathi!
- This is spicy fry so adjust spice powders if you want to reduce hotness.
- Adding freshly ground pepper powder gives a great flavour.
- This pairs well with phulka / white pulaos / or even with plain rice.
- Do not overcook eggs as it will turn hard / rubbery.
- If you want more gravy then add tomato puree after onion is fried.