This is not a perfect white sauce recipe, its just my attempt to create a low fat version of white sauce….I loved the mild sauce coating on the pasta with the crunch from mushroom and capsicum….it was light on my tummy……happy me 🙂 This pasta won hands down as it was liked by all, okay I admit lil one excluded 🙂 as she doesn’t like pasta, am happy about it and don’t force her for that but have to find ways to include mushroom in other forms that she would love to eat….Now lets get onto the recipe.
Mushroom Pasta Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Pasta – 3/4 cup
Mushroom – 1/4 cup(tightly packed)
Capsicum – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic – 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Oreagano – a pinch
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Cheese(grated) – 1 tbsp
Maida – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
- Boil water with 1/2 tsp of oil and little salt, add the pasta and cook till soft not too mushy.Drain water and set aside.Heat butter in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and saute till golden brown then add capsicum and mushroom, saute for 3mins until mushroom gets cooked..Then add maida, saute for a minute.
- Then add milk and keep stirring continuously till it coats the laddle as shown in the pic.Add oregano.
- Now add the cooked pasta and give a quick stir then add pepper powder, give a quick toss and switch off.
Serve hot with cheese….!
- Adding capsicum is optional , you can replace it any other veggies of your choice.
- Serve immediately as it the sauce may get dry soon.If it gets dry, you can add little more milk, heat it up and then serve.
- You can use any pasta variety for this recipe, I had macaroni so used it.
- You can also use color capsicum for a more colorful looking pasta.
- Mushroom cooks faster so just saute for 2-3mins until color changes dont make it too soft, it should be crunchy enough to bite.
- Add more cheese as preferred especially if its for kids be generous. 🙂