Mutton Keema is a tasty, soft side dish cum gravy made by cooking minced meat with spices, basic veggies & coconut. Mutton Keema is perfect side to pair up with rice, idli, dosa, chapathi or paratha. Mutton Keema can be relished by babies to toothless aged people as it is soft & gummy.
Mutton Keema Recipe with step by step photos. Mutton Keema is a gravy made with minced meat along with indian spices.It pairs up well with rice or idli dosa or even for parotta or chapathi.
I love Mutton Kheema Gravy amma makes and wanted to record the recipe here so asked her for the recipe and tried it.Ok I admit she was pushing me to post the recipe and finally one fine day she bought, cleaned the meat for me and made everything ready including chopping.Ahh but still can have the liberty to say I cooked this mutton keema haha.
Amma says adding rice rinsed water gives a unique flavour to the gravy and yes as it always did.
If you have any more questions about this Mutton Keema Recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Mutton Keema Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 300 gms mutton kheema
- 1 big tomato roughly chopped
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 3 small garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup rice rinsed water
- 1/2 cup water
- coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder + a pinch for rinsing
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 inch cinnamon
- 2 nos cloves
- a small sprig of curry leaves
- 1/2 torn bayleaf
To grind to a coarse paste:
- 1/4 cup coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Rinse mutton keema in water twice at least, then add turmeric powder and rinse it 2 times. Drain water and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker - heat oil add cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves. Then add onion and garlic.
- Sauté till onions turn transparent then add tomatoes. Sauté till tomatoes turn mushy. Then add mutton keema. Let it cook for few mins.
- Meanwhile measure and take rice rinsed water. While washing rice just reserve the water and keep. Cook mutton till the texture slightly changes, it will take 5mins.
- Now add red chilli powder and coriander powder, saute for 2mins then add water and rice rinsed water.
- Pressure cook for at least 7-8 whistles or until mutton becomes soft. Add water accordingly.
- Once pressure releases let it boil for few mins. Meanwhile grind coconut with fennel seeds to a coarse paste.
- Add coconut paste, rinse the jar with little water and add it too.
- Let the gravy boil for a good 10mins in low flame.
- Once oil starts separating switch off and garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy Mutton Keema!
Mutton Keema Recipe Step by Step
- Rinse mutton keema in water twice atleast then add turmeric powder and rinse it 2 times.Drain water and set aside.
- Get ready with all your ingredients,In a pressure cooker – heat oil add cinnamon,cloves and curry leaves.Then add onion and garlic.
- Saute till onions turn transparent then add tomatoes.Saute till tomatoes turn mushy.Then add mutton keema.Let it cook for few mins.
- Meanwhile measure and take rice rinsed water.While washing rice just reserve the water and keep.Cook mutton till the texture slightly changes, it will take 5mins.
- Now add red chilli powder and coriander powder,sautre for 2mins then add water and rice rinsed water.
- Pressure cook for atleast 7-8 whistles or until mutton becomes soft.Add water accordingly.Once pressure releases let it boil for few mins.Meanwhile grind coconut with fennel seeds to a coarse paste.
- Add coconut paste, rinse the jar with little water and add it too.Let the gravy boil for a good 10mins in low flame.
- Once oil starts separating switch off and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with hot rice.
Enjoy with a cup of rice or as a sidedish for idli dosa or chapathi.
Lovely dish, mouthwatering….that rice water does make a difference in adding taste to the gravy. My grandma makes something similar just that we don’t add coconut. I’ve will try your ammas version one day.
Can i add coconut milk instead of grinder coconut?
taste may vary but you can add
How long can I use this by storing in refrigerator?
Great Taste. Just tried with Family