Over the past weeks, life has changed so much. I am sure when I turn back over the years, I would be happy for the decision I've made. Yes as a fulltime mother, I am enjoying life!! :) And to be true, I am more busy at home or I should say mittu is bc keeping me bc ;) Even when the opportunities are more, when it comes to my lil one, she overrules everything and her happiness is more precious than anything else...... as to any mother :)
And as a add on, sharmis passions and sharmi clicks will keep me occupied and the word boredom will be slashed out......fingers crossed :0
Now onto todays recipe : I've been wanting to post this masala kuzhambu recipe since long but something or the other took priorities everytime amma makes this. Last time when amma made , I clicked with stepwise too.
1. Heat 1/2 tsp of oil, add onion and tomato saute until nicely mushed up and raw smell tomatoes leaves. Then add this with coconut, fennel seeds and grind it.
2. The grinding should be to a fine paste, set aside. Heat remaining oil, add bayleaf, fennel seeds,cinnamon once it crackles add onion, garlic and curry leaves and saute for a minute until slightly browned.
3. Then add the sliced radish and saute for 2 mins. Then add chilli, coriander powder and saute for a minute. Add 1/2 cup water and required salt.
4. Allow it to boil for 2mins, then add the grinded paste and allow it to boil until oil separates (this may take around 10mins). Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Masala kuzhambu is chettinad special and my favourite. I love it with rice and even dosas.
- You can add in any vegetable of you choice. Drumstick and brinjal will be apt for this curry.
- No need to roast coconut, but amma says roasting also gives a nice flavour.
- The consistency should be semi thick, but you can make it runny as per your preference.