Written by: SHARMILEE J
Soya chunks is my favourite and have been trying quite a few recipes with it. This curry amma makes with butter beans and now I've adapted it to soya chunks, its filling and yummy that the taste is still lingering :)
- Pressure cook soya chunks until soft - I left it for 2 whistles. Drain water and wash it in cold water twice or thrice.
- Dry roast coconut,tomato and fennel seeds. Saute until tomato turns mushy and raw smell leaves. Grind it to a semi dry mixture, do not add much water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon,cloves let it splutter. Then add ginger garlic paste and onions saute till onions turn slightly browned. Now add garam masala powder, chilli powder,required salt and mix well.
- Now add the ground mixture and saute until nicely roasted and is browned. Now add pressure cooked soya chunks and mix well and fry for 3-4mins until the masalas are well blended with the chunks. Finally add peas give a quick stir and switch off.
- You can use the same recipe for butter beans / soya beans. Also can add any other favourite veggieof your choice for this curry.
- You can also add curry leaves while tempering.
- Instead of adding fennel seeds while grinding, you can also use it while tempering which gives a nice flavour too.
- You can also make this gravy kind by adding one more tomato and grinding the items with water.
Soya chunks can be added in vegetable biriyanis which gives a vegetarian meat biriyani. I have just got the small variety and have been getting it often as this cooks faster and gets blanded with gravies very well than the big ones.
Having known the health benefits now this is regular onto my groceries list and ever since I tried mini bites variety am loving it more. You can also make it as a wrap filling and enjoy a healthy and hearty breakfast.