Paneer Kheer Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Paneer – 1/2 cup crumbled
Milk – 2 cups
Cornflour – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 to 3 tbsp
Saffron – 1 strand
Elachi powder – a pinch
Nuts – 2 tbsp (pistachios, badams and cashews chopped)
- Crush the saffron in a tsp of milk and keep aside. Add cornflour in a tsp of milk, mix well without lumps and keep aside.
- Boil milk, add the cornflour milk mixture mix well continuosly and then simmer for 10mins until it starts thickening. Add sugar and mix well until completely dissolved. Add the saffron milk mixture and give a quick mix.
- Now add the crumbled paneer to the boiling milk, mix well and allow it to boil for 5-7 more mins.
- Add elachi powder, mix well and garnish with nuts and switch off.You can also toast the nuts in ghee and then add it to the kheer.
- Allow it to cool for 5mins then refrigerate for 15mins and serve chilled.
Paneer kheer was close to the taste of basundhi, whatever be the name it was heavenly. The paneer blended with the saffron flavoured milk with nuts….what more you want for a dessert..YUMM!! I luv it chilled but you can serve it warm as well.
- Saffron is optional, I like the flavour so added it. You can skip it too.
- Cornflour is added to fasten up the thickening process of the milk.
- For the above mentioned ingredients, it yields 2 small cups of paneer kheer.
- Adjust sugar according to your sweetness.