Aval Upma / Poha Upma is one of the easiest and quick snack that can be made for snack time.Ingredients :
- Poha/Aval (thick or thin) - 1 cup
- Onion - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard seeds - 3/4 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
- Hing - a generous pinch
1. Soak poha in water for 5mins (I used thin if its thick it will take some more time).In a kadai : Drizzle oil, add mustard seeds,urad dal green chillies and curry leaves let it then add onions, curry leaves, green chillies. Then add onion, turmeric powder and hing fry till onions turn golden brown.
2. Add the poha,required salt and mix well. Keep covered for 2-3mins until it becomes fluffy.Poha upma is ready to be served!
- You can even add 1 tsp of chana dal while tempering.
- You can add boiled vegetables , tomatoes etc to this upma.Add roasted peanuts for extra crunch.
- Soaking time of poha depends on the variety of poha if its thin it takes very less time, if its thick then it needs a little extra time.