Schezwan Dosa is a hot, tasty dosa made by topping schezwan sauce & stuffing sautéed veggies in dosa. Schezwan Dosa is a healthy &tastier twist to the regular dosa that the family will crave for more. Schezwan Dosa is an Indo Chinese fusion that will become a standard staple at our homes.
Schezwan Dosa isan Indo chinese twist given to the usual south indian dosa.I wanted to try few schezwan recipes with homemade schezwan sauce, this one was a huge hit and surprisingly mittu loved it too.And no wonder hubby just loved it so much as he is crazy after dosas.
If you are a fan of schezwan recipes then this is a sure try for you! This schezwan dosa is a very popular Mumbai street food, I haven’t tasted this dosa anywhere outside or in restaurants but saw a youtube video and got an idea.
Schezwan Dosa is a bit spicy but you can adjust the spice level accordingly to your liking and preference.
Tried this Schezwan Dosa Recipe? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
- 2 cups idli dosa batter
- 1 no onion chopped lengthwise
- 1/4 cup carrot chopped lengthwise
- 1/4 cup capsicum chopped lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped lengthwise
- 2 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon spring onion - green part
- 2 teaspoon spring onion - white part
- 3 tablespoon schezwan sauce
- butter as needed
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
Making Schezwan Sauce:
- Heat oil in a pan - add spring onion white part and garlic. Add onion and sauté till transparent.
- Add carrot and cabbage, sauté till it shrinks and raw smell leaves. Add capsicum.
- Cook for 3mins. Now add 2 teaspoon schezwan sauce and required salt.
- Sauté and cook for 5mins in medium flame.
- Finally add spring onion green part, give a toss and switch off. Schezwan Sauce ready!
Making Schezwan Dosa:
- Add little water to the idli batter if its too thick. Take 2 ladles of idli batter.
- Heat dosa tawa, pour the batter, spread it evenly and thin.
- Add butter and a teaspoon schezwan sauce, spread it over the dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked, add the veggies and roll over as shown. Serve Schezwan Dosa hot!
Schezwan Dosa Recipe Step by Step
- Get ready with all your ingredients.Heat oil in a pan – add spring onion white part and garlic.Add onion and saute till transparent.
- Add carrot and cabbage, saute till it shrinks and raw smell leaves.Add capsicum.
- Cook for 3mins.Now add 2 teaspoon schezwan sauce and required salt.Saute and cook for 5mins in medium flame.
- Finally add spring onion green part, give a toss and switch off.Add little water to the idli batter if its too thick.Take 2 laddles of idli batter.
- Heat dosa tawa,pour the batter, spread it evenly and thin.Add butter and a teaspoon schezwan sauce, spread it over the dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked, add the veggies and roll over as shown.Serve hot!
Serve hot with side of your choice and pickle.
Hot crispy schezwan dosa ready to be served!