And Its been 4yrs since I started Sharmis Passions!! The journey was totally enjoyable and it has been a great learning curve in both aspects of cooking and food photography.
Thank you so much to each and everyone of you for the enormous support you have given me all these years. Stepping into the 5th year expecting the same support , encouragement and wishes! :))
Pasta Salad Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Salad | Recipe Cuisine: World
Pasta – 1/2 cup
Olive oil – 1 tsp chopped
Onion – 1 tbsp chopped
Carrot – 1.5 tbsp chopped
Capsicum – 1 tbsp
For 1000 island dressing:
Yogurt / Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp
Freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli paste – 1/4 tsp(optional)
Salt – to taste
- Boil water and add pasta along with required salt and oil.Drain water and keep the pasta aside.Powder mustard seeds to a semi fine powder – I used my hand mortar and pestle.
- Chop the veggies into lengthwise strips.Mix them with little salt and keep aside.In a mixing bowl – add yogurt,mustard powder.
- Then add freshly ground pepper powder and chilli paste.Add the pasta, veggies, salt to taste and give a quick stir.
- The original recipe uses mayonnaise, I wanted to make it lowfat so used thick yogurt.Also I didnt want to get a pack of mayonnaise just for this sake as I am not a fan of it.
- There are a lot of variations – You can either use pasta, or even any type of legumes like chickpeas, red kidney bean etc along with veggies.
- You can even make the dressing the previous day and refrigerate it and while serving just toss the other ingredients. Always serve immediately once the salad is prepared to maintain the crunchness of the veggies.
- If you prefer more on the sweeter side then add more tomato sauce. The orginal recipe called for kosher salt, I skipped it and used normal salt.