Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Hubby gifted me a cookbook which was ‘No oil Cooking’ by Sanjeev Kapoor for my bday last year and I referred this recipe from there book and it turned out so good.So this recipe can be easily made as ‘no oil’ but I used a tsp of olive oil just for flavour it lends to the pasta so I’ve mentioned oil as optional.Check out easy tomato pasta recipe that I posted long back.
And please check my sisters blog here, she has just stepped into the world of blogging 🙂
Penne Arrabbiata Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Pasta – 2 cups
Onion – 1 small finely chopped
Tomatoes – 3 large sized or Tomato Puree – 1 cup
Garlic – 1 tsp finely chopped
Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Dried Basil Herb -1/4 tsp(optional)
Parmesan Cheese – 2 tbsp
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
- Blanch tomatoes – Boil water, add the tomatoes and cook in medium flame for 10mins or until the skin starts to split and peel off.Peel off the skin,deseed it and puree the tomatoes till smooth.Set aside.
- Cook pasta in water along with little salt.Drain water and Set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add garlic and chilli flakes and saute till slightly browned.
- Then add onion, saute till golden brown then add tomato puree let it boil for 3-5mins.Then add oregano.
- Sprinkle required salt and dried basil leaves, once the sauce is thick add cooked pasta.Toss it well until the sauce coats well on the pasta.
- Another alternate method is to just plate the pasta and scoop the sauce, sprinkle little cheese, mix well and enjoy!
Serve hot with a grated cheese!
- You can even add whole tomatoes chopped finely or use tomato puree. The orginal recipe I referred too used chopped tomatoes.But we don’t like chunky tomato pieces while eating I used tomato puree.
- Cook pasta until its soft yet firm enough to bite,don’t overcook it
- If you get fresh basil leaves, then add it. I had no reach to it so used dried basil herb.
- You can even use grated cube cheese like how I did. But Parmesan cheese is traditionally used for penne arrabbiata.