Last Updated on December 7, 2020
- Soak rajma in water overnight for atleast 6-8 hours.Pressure cook rajma until soft.Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan add jeera allow it to crackle. Then add onions, saute till slightly browned.
- Then add the cooked rajma, pepper powder,tomato sauce, required salt and mix well.Once the rajma is well blended and is saucy, switch off. Sprinkle lemon juice and keep aside.Kidney Bean Salsa is ready.
- Now to assemble the tacos with salsa : Take a tacos shell, add a heaped spoonful of prepared kidney bean salsa to it.Grate the cheese to cover the salsa and sprinkle little pepper powder.
- Microwave it in high for 1minute – this was mentioned in the carton.In my OTG I kept in bake mode and baked for 2mins at 200deg C till cheese slightly starts melting.
- You can also add chunky tomato pieces, lettuce or even capsicum for the salsa.
- The variation is endless you can also garnish it with coriander leaves
- Adding bean is purely your choice – You can also add corn with any bean of your choice in the salsa.
The crispness in the tacos, the crunchness of the onions and sauce compliments well with the beans making it a perfect starter.