Now lets get into our routine….This is a simple north indian lunch box menu that I clicked before leaving to Chennai…The menu has phulka, dal tadka, gobi sabzi and plain rice – one of my favorite lunch menus.
Note : I use Tupperware/Plastic containers just for pic sake as its colorful, but I am planning to pack for mittu only in stainless steel containers as I feel its more safe.
Kids Lunch Box Menu3 – Phulka, Dal, Gobi Curry and Plain Rice
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Click the links below to get the full recipe with stepwise pictures
Here is the lunch box menu for today:
- You can make chapathi/phulka dough the before night and store in a tupperware box to avoid color changing of the dough.Also the more resting time of the dough the more softer phulkas ou will get.
- I usually store remaining chapathi dough in tupperware container and refrigerate it. And bring it to room temperature before rolling them into phulkas.
- Remove the stem, chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces and store in a clean container before day itself.
- Slightly grease phulka with ghee.
- Make sure dal is little runny while packing as dal thickens with time.