Milagu Adai Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian| Recipe Reference: Kamalas Corner
Parboiled Rice (Idli Rice) – 1/2 cup
Raw Rice – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Toor Dal – 1 tbsp
Chana Dal – 1 tbsp
Black Pepper – 1.5 tsp
Coconut – 2 tbsp grated
Curry leaves – few torn
Salt – to taste
Oil – as required
- Soak rice with all other dals together in water for 2 to 3 hours, Set aside. Grind pepper coarsely. After 2 hours grind the rice dhal mixture to a coarse paste. Transfer to mixing bowl and add coconut, curry leaves, salt, pepper mix well with little water.
- The consistency should be slightly thicker than dosa batter. Heat a tawa and drizzle oil. Take a laddle full of batter and pour it on the tawa , do not spread let it spread by itself. Drizzle oil and flip to other side for cooking and cook till golden brown and the ends start turning crisp.
Serve hot with butter / jaggery – yum!
- You can also add a tsp of jeera while grinding pepper and add it to the batter.
- I made small thin adais, you can even make them thick as per your preference.
- Use freshly ground pepper powder which gives best flavour.