Last Updated on December 7, 2020
The method is almost the same as making of rasmalai except that we replace the rasgullas with bread slices and enjoy the bread rasgullas in the rabri 🙂
Bread Rasmalai Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Bread – 4 slices
Milk – 2 cups
Ghee – 1 tsp
Condensed milk – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Mixed Nuts(pista,cashews and badam)-2 tbsp chopped
Saffron – 4 strands
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Take a wide heavy bottomed vessel, grease it with little ghee and add condensed milk + milk. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium flame. Keep stirring till the milk starts thickening and reduced to half.Meanwhile take 2 tbsp of warm milk, add saffron strands and crush it well, keep aside.
- Now add the saffron milk to the boiling and keep stirring. Then add the sugar and keep stirring. The mixture is called rabri and it tastes divine by itself 🙂
- Keep in sim and stir it till it reduces in volume.Fry the nuts in ghee and add it to the rabri and mix well. Add cardamom powder and give a quick mix.
- Once the rabri is thick switch it off and refrigerate it. Meanwhile take bread slices, trim the corners. Take a small lid and press it gently on the bread slices into small circles. At the time of serving take a bowl add the rabri and drop the bread rounds.
Delicious easy bread rasmalai ready in minutes. Serve it always cold!
- Chill the rabri until serving time. Also do not pre-soak bread, just add it while serving.
- You can even toast the bread slightly in ghee then add it to the rabri.
- You can also 1 tbsp milk powder for thickness and flavour.