If you have chaat chutneys ready, then making chaats is very easy and homemade chaats are more hygenic and the main plus is you can alter the ingredients and measure as per your liking.Check out more leftover idli recipes :
Idli Chaat Recipe
Recipe Category: Chaat | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mini Idli’s – 16
Curd – 4 tbsp
Big Onion – 1 tbsp chopped finely
Red Chilli Powder – a tiny pinch
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala powder – a generous pinch
Chaat Chutneys – 1 tsp each
Plain Sev – 1/8 cup
Butter – 2 tsp
Coriander leaves – to garnish
Salt – to taste
Note : The given measure is for making 2 plates of idli chaat
- Make idlis in mini idli mould.Carefully scoop it out and let it cool down.Then in a dosa tawa toast it using butter.
- Arrange the mini idlis in the serving plate, first add curd, then add sweet and green chutney then add raw onion,sprinkle roasted jeera powder and chat masala powder.Finally garnish with sev and coriander leaves.
Serve idli chaat immediately.
- Adding curd is purely optional but I recommend adding it.
- I just wanted to make mini idli’s so I used my mini idli mould.You can even use leftover normal idli cut into cubes.
- You can replace butter with oil
- Adding roasted jeera powder gives a great flavour.
- You can even deep fry the idlis or oven toast them. I just toasted in dosa tawa.
- As I just toasted the idlis I didnt drain in tissue paper, if you are deep frying and find too much oil, then drain in tissue paper and then use it.
- Tawa toasted idlis aren’t very crisp they are slightly crispy.If you want crispy idlies then deep frying is the only option.
- You can fry in paniyaram pan also.