Aloo Gobi Matar Recipe
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Potato – 1 medium sized
Cauliflower – 1/2 cup small florets
Green Peas – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 1 tsp finely chopped
Big Onion – 1 small sized finely chopped
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Kasoori Methi – 1/4 tsp crushed
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Jeera – 3/4 tsp
- Wash potatoes, peel off the skin of potatoes, chop them into bite sized cubes and set aside.Clean cauliflower, cut them into small florets and set aside.Peel the skin and collect the peas in bowl and set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add jeera and let it splutter.Then add garlic saute till slightly browned, then add onion and saute for a minute.
- Then add potato along with turmeric powder and required salt.Sprinkle little water and cook covered with a lid containing water.When the water reduces, add more water and stir the veggie occasionally to avoid burning at the bottom.
- When potato is half cooked add cauliflower and peas.Then again cook covered as mentioned in step 2.Then add red chilli powder,coriander powder and garam masala powder, give a quick toss.
- Sprinkle little water and cook covered for 2mins.Mix well till the masala coats well with the veggies.Saute for 2-3mins..Adjust salt and spice level at this stage.Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and kasoori methi.
Serve hot with roti / rice or any pulao of your choice.
- Cooking the veggie along with the spices takes a little more time but adds more flavour to the veggie and gravy too.You can do this in pan too.
- You can add tomato puree to make aloo matar gravy.
- I used fresh green peas…you can use frozen or even try with dried variety.But soak dry peas overnight , then add it.