Aam Ka Panna Recipe – Ingredients
Sugar – 1/4 cup(adjust according to ur preference)
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Mint Leaves – 10
Chilled Water – as required
Lemon Juice – as required(optional)
Ice cubes – few
Salt – to taste
- Dry roast cumin seeds for few mins until nice aroma rises, then powder it, I used my hand mortar and pestle. In a mixer add sugar,salt,mint leaves,jeera and pepper and grind it to a fine powder.
- Pressure cook raw mango with enough water (just immersing level will do) until mushy, giving it 3-4 whistles. Peel off skin, take out the pulp alone and discard the seed, Add the pulp along with the sugar mint mixture and blend it to a smooth puree with no water.Now your raw mango preserve is ready.
- For 2 cups(500ml) of water add about 4 tbsp of the preserve, add 1 tsp lemon juice give a quick mix.Garnish with mint leaves and add some icecubes, sprinkle leftover jeera and powder and serve chilled.
Refreshing raw mango drink ready in minutes.
- Use a clean mixer with no moisture while blending. No need to add water while blending.
- Some raw mangoes are fibrous, after boiling if you find fibres then strain it to get the pulp alone.
- You can even use jaggery instead of sugar.You can use 1/4-1/3 cup as per taste. But make sure your jaggery is free from impurities else make a syrup out of it, strain and then blend it along with the raw mango pulp.
- Transfer the preserve to a clean container and use a clear spoon evrytime if you are planning to store it. It keeps well for about 2-3 weeks, not very sure as I havent tried o store it.
- The orginal recipe called for 1/4 cup of mint leaves but I reduced it as I wanted the raw mango flavour more.
- Dont miss to sprinkle pepper and jeera powder while serving which gives the extra zing.I used both freshly ground.
- The orginal recipe called for black salt, I didnt have so used white rock salt itself.Dont miss to sprinkle pepper and jeera powder while serving which gives the extra zing.