Paal Ice Recipe
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Milk – 2 cups
Cornflour – 2 tsp
Water – 2 to 3 tsp
Milk Powder – 2 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Take milk in a pan and boil it.Meanwhile in a bowl add cornflour and milk powder with little water to make a smooth paste.
- Boil milk in simmer, let it simmer till it shrinks a little.Now add cornflour milk powder mixture, add sugar.Keep stirring.
- Then add cardamom powder and stir well.At one stage it will become creamy but not too thick like custard.
- You can still pour it but will be creamy.At this stage switch off and cool down.Once it cools down completely,pour it into popsicle moulds till 3/4th.
- Close it with a lid and freeze for atleast 8 hrs or overnight.Next day take it out and carefully show the outer surface under running tap water.Carefully pull out the popsicles.
- Dont have a popsicle mould?! dont worry use disposable plastic cups or even thick paper cups cling wrap aluminium foil and us icecream sticks and freeze it.It demoulds easily or you can even cut the cups to get the popsicles out.
- There can be many variations to this paal ice, you can add a tsp of vanilla essence to get vanilla flavour or crush few saffron strands and add it.I tried vanilla essence for 2 popsicles and it was like eating vanilla milkshake , yes I loved it 🙂
- Make sure to cool down the milk mixture completly before adding it to the mould.
- You can even insert icecream sticks, thats the way they sell in thallu vandi.
- Freezing for atleast 8 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding – show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.
- I used milk powder for extra flavour, but you can skip that if you want.