It is really tough to peel the skin and cube it,but think of the end product you will not feel the pain 😉 I always remember the saying Karumbu thina kooliya(Do u want get paid for eating sugarcane?!)whenever I see karumbu 🙂
I made this juice today morning and enjoyed it after breakfast, it was so refreshing and cool! Thinking of ways to use leftover sugarcane, make this juice and enjoy!!
Sugarcane Juice Recipe Recipe
Recipe Category: Juice | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Sugarcane – 2 cups cubed
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Lemon – 1/2
Water – 1/8 to 1/4 cup
Salt – a tiny pinch(optional)
- Peel off the hard sugarcane outer skin, then chop into small cubes.Transfer to a mixer along with ginger.I did this in batches as I used my small mixer jar.
- Add little water and grind it.Now drain the sugarcane extract in a strainer.
- Squeeze it with your hands or press using a spoon.Keep a bowl underneath to hold the juice.Repeat this again if you feel the extract is juicy then grind again and discard.Then proceed grinding with next batch.
- Collect the juice, and then finally strain again so that the small pieces of sugarcane is also strained.Now squeeze half lemon,add salt to the sugarcane juice.Mix well and serve.
Serve chilled and immediately.
- You can even add ice cubes to it while serving or add it while grinding sipping water.
- Adding salt is optional but gives a nice punch to the juice.
- I squeezed it using my hands so that the juice is completely extracted.You can use a spoon too.