Anjeer Burfi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Dates – 10 chopped
Figs – 30
Chopped Nuts* – 3 tbsp
Ghee -2 tsp
Poppy Seeds – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp
- Deseed dates.Chop them roughly.Soak figs in hot water for a while.In 1/2 tsp ghee fry the chopped nuts and set aside.
- Drain water and take soaked figs in a mixer and grind it to a paste,Set aside.Now add chopped dates and grind to a paste.
- In a pan add a tsp ghee add the fig dates mixture and keep sauteing for 5mins, add little ghee in between.At one stage it will forma mass and will come together without sticking.
- At this stage add roasted nuts and give a quick mix, Switch off and set aside to cool.In a kdaai add poppy seeds and roast for a 2-3mins till a nutty aroma comes.Switch off and set aside.
- Make 2 logs from the mixture and roll over roasted poppy seeds to coat the outer layer.
- Wrap it in a butter paper.I made one log with poppy seeds coating and other plain.
- Wrap it tightly and refrigerate it atleast for 2 hrs.Then slice and serve.
Keeps well for 3 days in room temperature itself!
- The measures are just given roughly, it can be modified according to your preference.There is no perfect measures for this recipe, so feel free to plus or minus the quantity.
- I added chopped nuts just for the crunch, you can skip that too.
- I couldn’t wait for for 2 hrs so just set for 1/2 hr and cut it so it was not that firm.
- You can even add 1/4 sweetened khoya for extra richness.
- Adding poppy seeds is optional but I recommend adding it for nice crunchness.