I think clicking and making this post took me longer than the making process of this chutney.As you can see it is a chatpata chutney you need just 10mins to make this chutney.It is super spicy so adding gingelly oil is a must and gingelly oil gives a great flavour to this chutney.Garlic lovers should definitely try this chutney!
Garlic Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Garlic – 5 small pearls
Dry Red Chillies – 5
Tamarind – 1/2 tsp
Gingelly Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Get all your ingredients ready.Soak red chillies in little hot water and set aside for 15mins.Then take garlic,red chillies, tamarind and required salt in a mixer and grind it.First it will look coarse, add water little by little and proceed grinding.
- Grind it to a fine paste.Heat oil and pour it to the chutney.
Serve with hot idlis / crispy dosas.
- You can even add a pinch of sugar / jaggery while grinding if you prefer it that way.
- This chutney keeps well for a week when refrigerated.
- Do not reduce gingelly oil.
- If you want you can even temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- You can even add the chutney to hot oil and saute for few mins and then switch off, this extends the shelf life more.