Actually I wanted to post a millet recipe today but as I have no time to do the entire post from the scratch so used this drafts today.Even with the drafted post it took me an hr to publish it, had to run inbetween..you know the baby calls exactly when I sit to start writing the post 🙂
Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Ladies Finger(Bhindi) – 10
Besan Flour -1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander – 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – to deep fry
Salt – to taste
- Rinse bhindi well to remove the dirt on the outer skin if any.Wipe off with a tissue paper to remove moisture. Trim both the edges.
- Slit each bhindi into 4 lengthwise then cut into small fingers.Collect it in a bowl.
- Add all the spice powders, besan flour and required salt.Sprinkle few drops of water and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai , when oil is hot enough and ready – add few bhindis and fry till golden brown.Add the bhindis in batches and deep fry.
- It should be crisp and golden brown.Drain in tissue paper.
- Add sufficient oil in the kadai, the bhindis should be well immersed in oil while frying.
- Do not add more water, jut sprinkle it.
- You can even add a tsp of rice flour but even without it I felt the bhindis crisp.
- Adjust the quantity of spice powders according to your preference.