Last Updated on December 7, 2020
This is the first time I am tasting Nankahatai, the taste was quite different from the usual cookies with a nutty flavour from besan flour.Do try it and pack for your relatives and friends for this Diwali 2015!
Nankhatai Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Maida – 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
Melted Ghee – 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
Pistachios – 5
- Powder sugar with cardamom to a fine powder.In a mixing bowl take maida,wheat flour,besan flour.
- Whisk it well,Set aside,Chop pista and set aside.Take melted ghee in a wide mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar.Whisk it well.Then add the flour mixture.
- Mix it well with our hands, it may resemble breadcrumbs.Now add milk and bring together to form a soft dough.I used my measuring spoon to scoop out even sized cookies.
- Roll them into a ball and flatten it slightly.Lay silver foil in a baking tray and arrange the cookies.Sprinkle chopped pistachios and slightly press it.Preheat oven at 180 deg C fo 10mins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C fo 15-20mins or until the edges turn golden.
Keeps well for 3 days in room temperature itself!
- The cookies spread out so while baking so leave enough space between each cookie.
- You can even replace ghee with butter.
- Don’t knead the dough too much just bring it together with the tip of your fingers.
- Instead of adding 1/2 cup of wheat flour you can even use maida fully
- It yielded me 15 cookies.