Rajma Sundal Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rajma(Red Kidney beans) – 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
Salt – to taste
To roast and grind:
Chana Dal – 2 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a sprig
- Soak rajma overnight.Rinse it well and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles(depends on the variety of rajma)with enough water,Set aside.Dry roast the items listed under ‘to roast & grind’ till golden brown.
- Cool down and grind it to a fine powder,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Then add cooked rajma along with powder,give a quick stir.Sprinkle little water for the masalas to coat well.Then add coconut, give quick mix and switch off.
Serve it warm with papad / chips.
- I used the lighter color rajma variety so it got cooked well in 4 whistles itself.So the number of whistles for pressure cooking depends on the variety of rajma.
- Amma always adds coconut and switches off for any sundal and poriyal as raw coconut is of no cholestrol so its better not to cook coconut for more time.
- I always add little less water while cooking rajma so that I can use the cooked water too.
- You can aeven add 1/4 tsp coriander seeds while roasting , gives a great flavour to the sundal.