Ellu Urundai(Sesame Laddu) is one simple recipe we usually make on vinayagar chaturthi.This is quite easy to make and yummy ladoos are ready in minutes.We use the same as pooranam for making poorna kozhukattai. I made ammini kozhukattai,modak,chana sundal and ellu urudai last year….I am yet to plan for this year 🙂
I made this post last year along with ammini kozhukattai, but as the post is very long I seperated it into 2 posts and am here with ellu urundai as repost.
Ellu Urundai Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
White Sesame seeds – 1 cup
Jaggery – 3/4 cup
Cardomom powder – a pinch (optional)
- Dry roast the sesame till nice nutty aroma comes and it turns browned. Allow it to cool then grind it in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Then add jaggery and run the mixie once or twice again to make it combined.Add elachi powder and combine well..Then roll them tight into balls and store it in airtight container.
- Make sure you first grind sesame coarsely then add jaggery to it for even grinding. Some make ellu urundai without grinding itself but I prefer this way 🙂
- I didnt add ghee or oil, the oil leaving from the sesame was just enough to form balls.But if you want you can add 1 or 2 tsp of ghee.
- You can use black or white sesame for making these ladoos.
- You can add ghee roasted chopped nuts too.