7 cup Burfi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Besan flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 2.5 cups
Ghee – 1.5 cups (melted)
Carrot / Coconut – 1 cup (grated)
Milk – 1 cup
- In a kadai – Roast besan flour in a tsp of ghee until nice aroma comes and the color slightly changes, set aside. Then saute the carrots in the same kadai till it shrinks and raw smell leaves, set aside. In a mixing bowl add sugar, ghee and carrots.
- Then add milk and mix it with a whisk till sugar completely dissolves. Finally add the besan flour, mix well without any lumps.Grease a tray with ghee and keep it ready.
- Transfer this to a nonstick pan and keep stirring. First stage is : it starts bubbling then forms a thick mass.
- It easily leaves the sides of the pan with a porous texture thats when the color changes to a brown shade too. Please check the video for the right consistency to switch off.
Transfer the mixture immediately to the ghee greased tray and when its still warm mark the pieces then when it is cooled down cut them into desired shapes. Cool down completely and then store in an airtight container.
- You can increase sugar to 3 cups and reduce ghee to 1 cup.
- The consistency is very important else it will turn into halwa 🙂
- You can either use carrot or coconut or use half cup each.
- If you prefer add ghee roasted cashews.