I havent tried many recipes with baby corn except the manchurian. I tried to cut down oil so toasted and it was still tasty and crispy. This time when I got a pack I made sure to try different varieties with it. So more baby corn recipes to follow soon.
Baby Corn Golden Fry Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Baby Corn - 9
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Rice flour - 2.5 tbsp
Cooking soda - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chat Masala powder - just to sprinkle
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 1.5 tbsp
Water - as required for the batter
Salt - to taste
Oil - to toast
- Trim both the edges of baby corn then pressure cook baby corn with immersing level water for 2 whistles in medium flame.Cut them into 2 inch pieces then cut it vertically like I have done.(Else you can even cut them into small circles).
- In a mixing bowl add rice flour, corn flour, curd, garam masala, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste,salt,soda and mix well.Sprinkle little water(if required) to form a slightly running paste. Add cooked baby corn and marinate for 30mins. Set aside.
- In a dosa pan, add oil and add the marinated baby corn pieces and roast it till golden brown. You can also deep fry them in oil. Drain in tissue and sprinkle chat masala powder.
- Alternatively boil water and add baby corn with salt to get it cooked. Cook until baby corn turns slightly soft(You can even skip this step if you are planning to deep fry). Deep frying will be more crispier but to cut down oil, I toasted it.
- It will take some time to toast. Turn over to toast it evenly on all sides. Smear little oil if required.
- If you want to deep fry you can even marinate raw baby corns no need to boil and cook it.
- The babycorn I bought were quite big so I chopped them to bite sized pieces. If you have smaller ones you can just cut into halves and proceed.
Written by: SHARMILEE J