Making filter coffee isnt a big deal but to get the perfection sure comes only practise. I am totally an instant coffee lover but can have filter coffee once in a while. Filter coffee is always ammas department as she loves it and she says she cant proceed her daily chores without her morning dose :)
The below pic shows a south indian coffee filter. It has a lower container that collects the filtered coffee and upper container where the coffee powder and water is added to form the decotion.
Now lets get on to see how we prepare filter coffee:
1. First add 3 tsps of filter coffee powder to the filter container. Allow water to boil.Add the boiled water.
2.Add the top chamber of the filter. As you see the decotion drops and gets collected in the lower part of the filter as shown. After adding water close and keep it undisturbed for 10mins until all the decotion drops down.
3.Add sugar in the serving tumbler. Then add decotion may be 2- 3 tsp(depends on how strong you need your coffee to be). Boil milk.
Filter coffee is ready serve it hot and frothy.We always serve filter coffee in a set of tawara tumbler as shown in the pics.
- Once the decotion is added to the milk, do not overheat. If you want to heat then place the coffee tumbler inside a container which has boiling water.
- You can refrigerate the decotion for a day.
- We can take even 2 decotion by adding in little more water once the 1 st decotion is taken and used. The 2nd decotion is not very strong.
- If you use decotion stored in fridge, heat the decotion separately by placing it inside a container which has boiling water.